“It might be hard to love yourself sometimes, but it is harder to not love yourself.”
The author Christine Arylo says self-love is a tree. Self-worth is the trunk, and the life-giving branches are associated with the following qualities.
– Self-awareness and self-honesty
– Self-compassion and self-forgiveness
– Self-respect and self-honour
– Self-pleasure, or self-joy.
Let’s unpack this metaphor a little.
Self-Worth is fundamental; it is absolutely crucial. It is knowing you have value because you exist and, simply, because you are you.
It is something you’re convinced of in your heart, and at your core, despite what other people might think, or say, about you.
1. Self-Awareness and Self-Honesty: This relates to wanting to know – and to own – everything about yourself. Your values, opinions, attitudes, beliefs. Who you want…
View original post 506 more words