I call epilepsy a “stealth disease”, because it’s difficult to imagine how so few people know about a “silent” condition that affects so many.
For example, few people know:
* Epilepsy affects over 3.4 million Americans of all ages – more than Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, and Parkinson’s Disease combined.
* In America, Epilepsy is as common as Breast Cancer, and takes as many lives.
* It’s the third most common neurological disorder after Alzheimer’s and stroke.
*Almost 500 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the United States.
* Epilepsy affects 50,000,000 people worldwide.
* One in 100 people will develop epilepsy.
* One in 10 people will suffer a seizure in their lifetime.
* This year another 200,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with epilepsy.
* Children and seniors are at higher risk.
* 30% of those diagnosed are children.
View original post 229 more words