Art therapy (not to be confused with arts therapy, which includes other creative therapies such as drama therapy and music therapy) is a distinct discipline that incorporates creative methods of expression through visual art media. Art therapy, as a creative arts therapy profession, originated in the fields of art and psychotherapy and may vary in definition.
There are three main ways that art therapy is employed:
- The first one is called analytic art therapy. Analytic art therapy is based on the theories that come from analytical psychology, and in more cases, psychoanalysis.
- Analytic art therapy focuses on the client, the therapist, and the ideas that are transferred between the both of them through art.
- Another way that art therapy is utilised is art psychotherapy.
- This approach focuses more on the psychotherapist and their analysis of their clients artwork verbally.
- The last way art therapy is looked at is…
View original post 3,880 more words