Cerebral palsy affects people differently including; learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, behavioral challenges, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and Executive Function Disorder. People with cerebral palsy often have medical issues as well including, epilepsy, hydrocephalus, swallowing difficulties, vision problems, aspiration and constipation.
- a seizure is a sudden, out of control event that can cause involuntary movement.
- It occurs when there are bursts of abnormal electrical activity in the brain which interferes with normal brain functioning.
- The brain constantly sends unusual electrical messages very close together.
- Inform the participants that seizures are the most common of associated problems.
- Experts believe that seizures are the result of scarred tissue in the brain.
- About 50% of people with cerebral palsy suffer from seizures.
- Epilepsy is more common in the child with spastic quadriplegic
- Complex partial seizures are the most common in people with cerebral palsy
- in most cases, it is unknown the cause…
View original post 568 more words